Club news

Blaze staff set to raise funds for Calder fund

We recently offered information about a trust fund which had been set up by Adam Calder, to help ensure that his children, Madison and Chase, would be provided for in a number of ways, to give them opportunities that he would have ensured had he still been here (FULL INFORMATION).

We kindly asked that any fundraising in honor of Adam was contributed to this fund, and as part of that two Genting Casino Coventry Blaze off-ice staff members have decided to try to raise money for the fund, by growing their hair over the full 2018/19 season.

Marketing, Ticketing & Promotions Executive, Dale Buckland will be growing his beard and as Operations Manager, Rob Coleman won’t be able to keep up with Dale's beard growth, he’s going to grow his curly locks instead.

Then on the 17th March 2019, when the Blaze take on the Fife Flyers at the Skydome Arema, the pair will have their beard/head hair shaved on the ice in front of everyone.

80% of the total funds raised will be donated to the Adam Calder Trust, with the remaining 20% spilt evenly between charities close to both Rob and Dale.

These are diabetes.org.uk and broken-souls-rescue.org, for more information about these two charites please visit the links or feel free to speak to either Rob (Diabetes) or Dale (Broken Souls).

If you can, please do support the pair, and Adam's fund by donating via the following link: